This exists in clrzmq as well, here's the gist of it:

Context ctx;
Socket socketForCtx;
PollItems[] pollItems;

pollItems[0] = socketForCtx.CreatePollItem(IOMultiPlex.POLLIN |
IOMultiPlex.POLLOUT);
pollItems[0].PollInHandler += (s, r) => Console.WriteLine("In!");
pollItems[0].PollInHandler += (s, r) => Console.WriteLine("Out!");

while(1) {
    ctx.Poll(pollItems, 250/*ms*/);
}