Hi Chuck,

> How would you suggest structuring the test so that for each legal
> socket pair (REQ/REP, XREQ/REP, PUB/SUB, etc) we can verify that
> zmq_poll returns immediately when there is a read or write event
> waiting on the socket?

I would say, write a single function that takes two sockets, sends a
message to one, polls on the other with long timeout (24 hrs or such)
and recvs a message from it. In other words if the behaviour you
describe happens, the test will hang up for 24 hrs.

Then invoke the function with different types of sockets.

Does that help?
Martin