On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 2:16 PM, john skaller
<skal...@users.sourceforge.net>wrote:

> On 10/02/2012, at 12:48 AM, Ian Barber wrote:
> >
> > Devices are gone from 3.1.
> >
> > They're just not packed in zeromq - they're not gone conceptually,
>
> Well of course not, since its just a loop that reads one socket and writes
> another.

Indeed, I am just saying pointing it out because:

1) "devices" are quite an important bit of terminology when it comes to
understanding how to build larger zeromq systems. Even though the
previously shipped devices were very simple, the general idea of a simple
intermediary is an important one.
2) 3.1 is still not the stable release, and even when it is many bindings
will still have devices instantly available.

A 1 line comment saying "devices are gone from 3.1" is a potentially
confusing answer for people browsing the list, and it failed to address the
question posed by the OP, which was whether there had been any work on the
configuration idea. It is a good point to bring up that the built in device
loop was no longer in 3.1 libzmq, it just needed a little context.

Ian