On Feb 11, 2012, at 2:14 PM, john skaller wrote:

> On 12/02/2012, at 4:37 AM, Chuck Remes wrote:
>
>> I will aggressively merge patches that make 0mq a safer and more "forgiving"
>> library.
>
> No you won't :)
>
> You want a robust check? I can give you 99.9999%.
> But you'll pay.

John, why do you make this more complex than it needs to be?

I don't need 99.9999%. I'm happy with less and I bet others are too.

If someone produces patches that add robustness without a lot of cost
(performance or code complexity) then we're all better off. If you want to
prove a point and ruin the library with crazy and/or pointless checks to get to
99.9999% robustness, I bet those patches will get reverted very quickly.

In other words, quit being some fucking pedantic. :) so you know I don't
actually hate you

cr