Aja Walker <a...@ciscor.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I posted this question about a week ago, but it was fairly long-winded, and
> there was some other deep, heated discussion going on so I thought I'd give
> it one more shot.  I hope I'm not offending the etiquette of the mailing list
> by re-posting, but if so, my apologies, and I won't do it again.  :)
>
> The previous (overly?) detailed post is here:
> http://lists.zeromq.org/pipermail/zeromq-dev/2012-February/015640.html
>
> Briefly, I'm occasionally seeing big, as in 10 milliseconds, end-to-end
> latencies  on my Windows 7 machine, but not on my Linux machine.
>
> In certain circumstances these big latencies are frequent rather than
> occasional, as in 80% of messages sent.
>
> Has anyone else seen anything like this?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Aja Walker

Hello.

I had big performance problems with Apache APR (http://apr.apache.org/) based
program. Setting registry values fixed performance problems. I don't think this
is problem with zmq, but maybe you should test it? My tests with zqm were very
small.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823764
"Slow performance occurs when you copy data to a TCP server by using a Windows
Sockets API program."

--
Regards,

Pasi Mankinen