Il 19/02/2012 14:37, john skaller ha scritto:

> These days, 1 Meg is a trivially small block of data. I can't see any
> reason 0MQ couldn't handle it.

Oh well, I'm sorry but I understood the messages should be *very* small,
let's say some hundred of byte!
I'm very happy to hear I'm wrong :)

> On Windows there is a potentially faster way using sendfile,
> that copies a disk file directly to a socket.
>
> But I'd just do it the simplest way. See if it works.

I will.

> Breaking the file up in to a multi-part message won't save on storage
> because the whole thing is stored before it is sent or becomes
> readable at the other end.
 >
> Breaking it up into separate messages with separate ack's in user space
> will just complicate your program.

I was going to implement the second way. Otherwise how could I show the
sending percentage?
AFAIK 0MQ will advise me only when the whole message is received, won't it?

> Libraries like 0MQ are designed to relieve you of some burdens.
> Not much point using them if you try to take over what they're designed
> to do.

You're right. My difficult is to know what could be done. For this
reason I asked here, after reading the doc.

Thanks!
Marco