> In theory bindings aim to work with all released versions of 0MQ,
> though it's up to each binding group to make this work.

I've been meaning to bring up this topic for a while.  It seems to me that
knowing that a specific set of bindings are designed to work with a specific
version of 0MQ is a bit confusing for a newcomer (and even someone who follows
the mailing list like myself).  Another project that has a similar problem (at
a much larger scale) is Eclipse.  In Eclipse there are several related projects
that are released as a group (e.g., Indigo, which is the 3.7.x series) and
known to work together.  Has there been any discussion in the 0MQ community of
bringing in some of the more popular and API stable language bindings (e.g.,
C++, Java, Python perhaps) into the core distribution that are released as part
of 0MQ?  I recall a while back that the C++ bindings went the opposite
direction in that they were split from the core 0MQ distribution into their own
project, but I never really understood the reasoning.

Regards,
Mike