To further clarify, there are two cases:

1. no sigint handler registered - ^C absolutely should result in
KeyboardInterrupt.  This behavior is intended, and has not changed since
2.1.9.
2. sigint handler registered - in this case, KeyboardInterrupt should *not*
be raised, and the regular ZMQError(EINTR) should happen.  This was broken
in 13.0.0, but is fixed in master.

13.0 was a big release, and there are unsurprisingly a few bugs.  There
will be a bugfix release around 30 days after the original (about two weeks
from now).

-MinRK