On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Pieter Hintjens <p...@imatix.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You might have seen Felix's "pull request hack":
> http://felixge.de/2013/03/11/the-pull-request-hack.html
>
> We've been using something similar (C4) in libzmq and other projects
> for a while.
>
> Do people have opinion on whether we're enjoying C4, and whether it
> would be good to add contributors to the maintainers team for any
> given project on a more aggressive basis?
>
> E.g. once you make a patch that people like, you get commit rights
> (meaning you can merge other peoples' patches) automatically.

As long as the rules in Felix's post are followed (e.g. for meaningful
patches, with accounts that have some rep) I think that's a good idea. We
should communicate the C4 principles, primarily so that people don't just
commit directly to the repo, but other than that I have no problem. It
would be good to occasionally clean out the list of maintainers as well
though, so we don't end up in a situation where it looks like we have X
maintainers, but actually there are very few who are actually involved.

Ian