0mq needs to bind to an interface on the machine it's running on.  On Linux
(and other OSes I presume) interfaces can be "virtual", so yes you could
make a virtual interface that's different but on the same subnet as your
physical interface.

A quick google brings up many guides, like this:
http://www.lazysystemadmin.com/2010/05/add-virtual-interfaces-in-linux-quick.html

-Michel