Looking into the zmq_tcp/zmq_bind doco is only accepts the numeric form,
interface name, or wildcard when binding. DNS names are ok when connecting.
Looking through the OSX errno.h is appears that ENODEV is still 19 in line
with POSIX but the text version of the error indicates that you can't do
that to that device instead of that device doesn't exist. I can recreate it
by binding to eth0:5678 with no eth0 device.