> What is the purpose of int recvByteBuffer(int flags) ?

Oops, typo. The return type should be ByteBuffer. You can create a
direct bytebuffer with NewDirectByteBuffer.

> Will this be a true 0 copy implementation? Or will the buffer still be copied
> within the send/receive call?

The buffer will still be copied within send/receive. Zero copy is a
different beast. My motivation for a bytebuffer api is to remove
copying in the JNI layer.

> I'm already looking forward to performance measurement. This looks
> interesting.

I'll try to get some before and after numbers with various different
payload sizes.