I'm trying to run the zeromq Hello World programs, hwserver & hwclient, on a
virtualized instance of Debian (Wheezy, 32 bit) running inside VirtualBox
which itself is running on Windows 7.

On running hwserver I get the error:

Terminate called after throwing an instance of 'zmq::error_t'

                What(): Address already in use

Aborted

>From the zeromq reference http://api.zeromq.org/4-0:zmq-tcp I have tried all
the different options shown in the examples to assign an address to the
hwserver. Specifying various different port numbers each time.  The error
message always shows.

Examples

Assigning a local address to a socket

//  TCP port 5555 on all available interfaces

rc = zmq_bind(socket, "tcp:/// :5555");

assert (rc == 0);

//  TCP port 5555 on the local loop-back interface on all platforms

rc = zmq_bind(socket, "tcp://127.0.0.1:5555");

assert (rc == 0);

//  TCP port 5555 on the first Ethernet network interface on Linux

rc = zmq_bind(socket, "tcp://eth0:5555"); assert (rc == 0);

How should addresses be specified in zeromq when running on linux inside a
virtual machine?

Is it possible to establish zeromq  communications between a program running
on the host operating system (e.g. Windows 7) and a program running on the
virtualised Debian machine?  I'll test this once I can get an address for
the communications!

Thanks,

Riskybiz.