From: zeromq-dev-boun...@lists.zeromq.org [zeromq-dev-boun...@lists.zeromq.org]
on behalf of Charles Remes [li...@chuckremes.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:44 AM
To: ZeroMQ development list
Subject: Re: [zeromq-dev] not binging to all LISTEN port

Mohit,

Your application should have end-to-end latency and throughput measurements. I
build this functionality into any project that uses zeromq so that I can track
the latency between any two endpoints (and any intermediate points too). This
data is printed to a log in a format that is easily parsed by an external tool.
The tool reads the log and calculates all of the timing measurements along with
statistics (mean, median, mode, standard deviation, etc). It outputs the
results into a tabular format which can then be loaded into Excel for pretty
graphs & charts.

During testing, you set a baseline for messages/sec, latency, or whatever else
you think is important. The reporting tool can then highlight any parts that
are outside of bounds from your baseline.

This information then let’s me decide if I have any bottlenecks.

Good luck. It takes some effort early on to build this mechanism but it is
reusable on any future project.

cr

On Sep 23, 2014, at 12:35 PM, Mohit Anchlia