Peter - really, it was more about wanting to see how czmq worked as the
basis for a language binding (since I contributed some code to czmq), than
anything particularly lacking in zmq4.

The "zactor" based services in czmq (proxy, auth, beacon, gossip) are
interesting in that they spawn a non blocking background C thread, which
you then send commands to over a ZMQ_PAIR socket.  These services were
pretty fun to wrap with cgo and it was just interesting

The other thing I really wanted to do was use the C4 contribution process
for commits, and see if anyone else might find the project and contribute
things I hadn't though of (which Luna did, which was great fun)

I link to zmq4 in my readme and recommend it for people looking for
straight libzmq library, as I think it's a very nice one, and I've written
code using it, so thank you for making it!

If you're interested in suggestions or contributions, I'm happy to
collaborate!

Brian