CZMQ includes both header files, though zmq_utils.h is empty in later
versions of ZeroMQ. Also the error is on linking...

Check, if "make check" works in CZMQ, then it's linking these
functions (you can see they're used in zcert and zarmour). So look
carefully at the link commands you're using for your application.
There is either a missing -lzmq or else you have two different
libzmq.a versions installed, and it's using the wrong one.

-Pieter