I agree that the best place for session management is at the transport.
However implementing the session management at the server socket level
should be pretty simple, even as POC. Only issue is how to make sure user
is not sending the same messages as the socket sending, but we might ignore
the problem at the beginning. Do you think it worth a try or to leave it to
the transport?