Arthur,

I did much of the work on the qt-android build system.  I apologize that
there is little guiding documentation on this point, but I did it mainly to
allow using the zeromq family of libraries on android in Qt/QML
applications.  In order to use the `dlopen` style import Qt uses, there are
certain requirements for the shared object files that are built.  I created
a build system that meets these requirements, but there's no reason you
have to use it with Qt - it could work with any android/java application
that uses a similar approach to how Qt-for-android loads C libraries.

We did an application for this year's FOSDEM that used Qt/QML together with
zeromq, czmq, and zyre to illustrate and teach about building applications
with zproto and zproject (which includes the qt-android build script and
auto-generated QML bindings).  Looking through the source code and limited
docs may be helpful to you, or you might try building the application.
https://github.com/edgenet/hydra/tree/master/app

This work is far from stable and complete, but I encourage you to read
through some of it, and ask questions where you need to.  The intended
workflow we were targetting here was:
1) Build a protocol for your aplication with zproto (optional).
2) Build a library for your application using czmq + zproject.
3) Autogenerate bindings for your library in various languages using
zproject.
4) Build one or more interoperable applications in one or more languages
using the single library and bindings package you created.

I think this is a powerful approach, but we still need to flesh out the
workflow, and having more developers paving the way for the community is
always great, so please check it out and see if it's right for you.

I try to check this list often, but you can also feel free to contact me
directly if you have specific questions about any of these tools we are
trying to build.

Enjoy!