Pieter,

I don't think the issues with sharing types from other zproject-projects
has been solved at all yet.

The main difficulty is that the CZMQ API XML models will not be loaded at
the time you are loading the Zyre API XML models.  The way the workflow
works right now, these are two separate sessions of GSL generation - the
CZMQ session and the Zyre session.  One solution for this might be to
install the XML files when installing the library, then dependent libraries
can look for these in some standard location.  You'd probably also need a
way to manually specify where GSL should look first if, for example, you
want to generate against a different version of CZMQ than you have
installed.  I think this has the potential to be a robust solution, but
needs careful design.

When I was doing a slew of private zproject-based work (and I wish I was
still doing it right now, because it was quite enjoyable development), I
had another plan in my head to use when I needed it for the primitive CZMQ
types.  I was going to hard-code the basic CZMQ types (like Trevor Bernard
suggested) into zproject, so that it always recognized how to translate a
zmsg for example into an array of strings.  This is kind of a hack more
than a solution, as it is brittle and tied to a specific interface provided
by CZMQ, which we'd have to find a way to change if the CZMQ interface for
those types changed.  Overall, a solution like the previous paragraph
suggests would be more ideal, but has its own difficulties as well.

In my projects, I ended up avoiding this by simply making sure I didn't
need to accept or return any CZMQ types in the interfaces of my classes,
only primitive types like strings and numbers.  This works well if you are
designing the classes from scratch to be used in this situation, because
you can create whatever abstractions you need to acheive this.  In the case
of Zyre where the interface is already stable, this is probably not
helpful, though.

Feel free to ping me on IRC if you have any pressing real-time questions
(since you mentioned you were in a hurry).