Read the docs is fantastic, I used it for pyczmq and it works great.  Also
it's not just software or a hosting service, the author (a local here in my
neck of the woods) hosts "write the docs" conferences focusing on writing
and producing good documentation:

http://www.writethedocs.org/

All together it's a powerful documentation ecosystem.

-Michel