Hi,

I am having a dependency problem.

The Quartus Prime and the ModelSim applications requires a bunch of 32 bit
libraries to be installed on the Linux machine for them to work.
Of course is one of them the 0MQ libray libzmq3 and I have not found any
CentOS repositories with that library so I have to build it myself.

First time for me doing a build for another architecture with google giving
the advice on how to configure it gave me this:
     $ ./configure --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu "CFLAGS=-m32" "CXXFLAGS=-m32"
"LDFLAGS=-m32"

That will however not work:

checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/home/igor/Tools/libzmq':
See `config.log' for more details

And opening the config.log gives me no understandable hint but it points
out these warnings/errors:

configure:4253: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:4275: gcc -m32  -m32 conftest.c  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find crt1.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libc.so when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find crtn.o: No such file or directory
configure:4279: $? = 1
configure:4317: result: no
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "zeromq"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "zeromq"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "4.2.1"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "zeromq 4.2.1"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "zeromq-dev@lists.zeromq.org"
| #define PACKAGE_URL ""
| #define PACKAGE "zeromq"
| #define VERSION "4.2.1"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:4322: error: in `/home/igor/Tools/libzmq':
configure:4324: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details

A standard ./configure will however work.