As far as I know with UWP you cannot bind/listen.
ZMTP.NET is client only and would yield the same performance as
NetMQ/ZeroMQ, however I'm not sure you need it from ZMTP.NET.

Regarding more implementation, I suggest you take control over the project,
I can help and give you directions. We can move the project to the NetMQ or
ZeroMQ organization.