Any load balancer is going to pick between your servers at random, as far
as you're concerned. The way this is typically handled is that your server
instances use some kind of shared state, like a shared database,
filesystem, quorum, or any other form of shared state so that it doesn't
matter which server the message gets routed to. These are called
"stateless" services, if you want to search for some reading material.

Alternately, you use persistent network connections, because most load
balancers will maintain a TCP connection, but they're also pretty ruthless
at closing idle connections, so this is more error prone.