On Fri, 2017-09-01 at 19:51 +0200, Francesco wrote:
> Hi Luca,
>
> Which capture socket feature sorry?
> Do you mean the zmq socket monitor
> (http://api.zeromq.org/4-2:zmq-socket-monitor) ? In this case I don't
> know how to get notified about packets/bytes through that
> interface...
> (I'm using it to keep track of subscribers to my PUB sockets though)
>
> Thanks,
> Francesco

The third parameter to zmq_proxy: http://api.zeromq.org/4-2:zmq-proxy

If you pass a socket, all messages will be duplicated and sent to it.
Then you can do all the measurements you need.
Note that they are shallow refcounted copies, so only the small
metadata is actually copied, not the payloads, so it's reasonably fast.

> > On Fri, 2017-09-01 at 17:39 +0200, Francesco wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Is it possible to know (using the steerable proxy control socket
> > > perhaps?) the number of packets/bytes passed through a ZMQ proxy?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Francesco
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > No, but it should be easy to implement it in your application using
> > the
> > capture socket feature.
> >
> > --
> > Kind regards,