In malamute, the stream pattern is extremely useful for me. I'd like to have each client provide different "events" through the stream, and then each client can subscribe to specific events from different clients' streams. But this approach needs to be more dynamic and requires unsubscribing from a pattern in a stream, or reversing a mlm_set_consumer command.

My questions: There doesn't seem to be any option to unsubscribe a pattern from a stream currently. Does anyone have a workaround for this? Has there been discussion previously on this, and the possibility of implementing an unsubscribe option for malamute clients?

How difficult would it be? I assumed that if the pub/sub sockets can unsubscribe, then surely malamute clients can as well. Unless I'm missing something on how malamute streams are implemented...

Thanks

Kevin