Btw, just in case it can be useful to others:

>I would like to know: if I set ZMQ_XPUB_NODROP=1 on the PUB sockets, and
then connect SUBscribers over TCP to the proxy, will the no-drop >option at
PUB-side be respected?
>Or should the ZMQ_XPUB_NODROP=1 option be set on the proxy backend socket
instead?
I ended up setting ZMQ_XPUB_NODROP=1 on all sockets (both the INPROC PUB
ones attached to proxy frontend and the TCP PUB proxy backend socket) and
so far it works just fine: the PUB automatically adapts to the speed of the
slowest subscriber, and no messages are lost.

Francesco