> Heartbeats are now included in the protocol, check the various
> ZMQ_HEARTBEAT_* socket options
>
> --
> Kind regards,
> Luca Boccassi

Luca,

Thanks for the quick reply.

>From the first look ZMQ_HEARTBEAT_* stuff is quite different from what I
have now. I will investigate more, but it looks like I would need
substantial redesign to switch to that.

Is there a way to get the pattern described in the guide to work? Or is it
explicitly not supposed to work anymore?

After all, heart beat implementation is just one use case. Hypothetically,
there can be different scenarios where you try to send some data to REP
socket, time out waiting for reply, and eventually retrying to send it
again.

Regards,
Mykola