I am using libzmq and setting up topics using binary data. In other words, my
topic is the first 2 bytes of my message.

I subscribe by setting a and b to the values I'm interested in:
        for (uint16_t i = a; i <= b; i++)
        {
                d = zmq_setsockopt(sub_socket, ZMQ_SUBSCRIBE, &i, 2);
                if (d)
                {
                        printf ("E: subscription failed: %s\n", strerror
(errno));
                        return -1;
                }
        }

My publisher publishes like this:
                string incoming_string = " this message";
                incoming_string.insert(0,1,i>>8);
                incoming_string.insert(0,1,i%256);

                int     rc = zmq_send(pub_socket, incoming_string.c_str(),
incoming_string.size(), 0);

I can't seem to subscribe to more than 1000 topics (values 0x0000 - 0x03e7).
From what I understand, thousands of topics should be available.

Any guidance would be helpful.

Thanks,
Benjy

Benjamin Bekritsky
c/o Zebra Technologies
2 Negev St. (Motorola Building)
4th Floor
Airport City 7019900
Israel

- CONFIDENTIAL-

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review,
use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.