Hi Luca,

Il giorno mer 7 ago 2019 alle ore 11:48 Luca Boccassi <
luca.bocca...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Thank you, that's great!

I may be able to repeat also the same tests, still on 10Gb optical link,
using 2 Mellanox CX5 NICs... I will post here new results if I can.

Getting anywhere close to 10gig line rate without bypassing the kernel TCP
> stack is not really likely - as you correctly pointed out, the way to do
> that would be to use a different stack based on DPDK (or XDP) like VPP or
> F-stack. I have briefly looked into this in the past, but didn't have time
> to do anything. It's a lot of integration work.

I agree - I wonder if things could be different if ZMQ had a sponsor to
support it...

Another improvement that can help is using the new zero-copy kernel TCP
> read/write APIs - I had started something a couple of years back, but again
> didn't have time to complete it.

This looks very interesting as well.. do you have any pointer to these new
zero-copy kernel APIs?

Thanks,
Francesco