From: zeromq-dev [mailto:zeromq-dev-boun...@lists.zeromq.org] On Behalf Of Mark
Botner
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2020 4:24 AM
To: ZeroMQ development list
Subject: Re: [zeromq-dev] How to handle EINTR especially when using High-Level
APIs as CZMQ

For Linux signal handling, in main(), before any threads are created, I call
sigprocmask() and SIG_BLOCK all signals that I might receive later.
Then, I create a dedicated signal handling thread that calls sigwait() with the
same set of signals that I blocked with sigprocmask().  The signal handling
thread can deal with any received signals and all other threads don't have to
process signals at all.  Of course gracefully shutting down still requires a
bit of planning, but I find that this is easier than dealing with EINTR
everywhere.

Mark

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 7:54 AM Franz Hollerer