Здраво Марко. :)

This is the malloc() docs:

*If size is zero, the behavior is implementation defined (null pointer may
be returned, or some non-null pointer may be returned that may not be used
to access storage, but has to be passed to std::free
<https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/memory/c/free>) *
So it might be non-NULL as well as NULL but obviously the code thinks it's
always not NULL if successful.
Your change is not good because it skips these lines in NULL case:

_size = size_;

_owned = true;

I would change the assert to:
alloc_assert (_data != NULL || size_ == 0);
and skip only memcpy() call.

There's also a malloc's matching free() but this will be OK because calling
free() on NULL is harmless.

You need to check for potential other memcpy's, asserts or similar stuff on
this memory.

Greetings!

сре, 30. дец 2020. у 06:35 Marko Majic <mmaji...@gmail.com> је написао/ла:

Jovan Bunjevački.