http://www.deccan.com/Region/RegionNews.asp

Mala leader gives a week's time for CM

Kakinada, May 29: Mala Mahanadu leader K. Sivaji termed the Usha Mehra
Commission on SC reservation an eye wash.  Speaking to media persons
soon after his release from hospital on Tuesday, he spoke on several
issues relating to his agitation, seeking status quo on SC
categorisation, State Government's attitude towards the agitation and
other relative issues.

Mr Sivaji came down heavily on the government for appointing a
commission on SC reservation when the National SC, ST Commission was
already there. The Mala leader sought a committee to be appointed on the
issue and suggested that this committee should constitute intellectuals
from the SC community, SC MPs, SC MLAs and SC IAS officers. "We will
abide by the decision of this committee," he said.

He also said that they would give one week's time for Chief Minister
Y.S. Rajasekhar Reddy to take a decision over the issue.  "If he fails
to take a decision in this stipulated time, we will lay siege to his
official residence," he warned. He asked Jupudi Prabhakar, Mala leader,
to resign from his MLC post and party politics, and strive for the
welfare of Malas. He asked Madiga brethren to concentrate more on
education and get posts in government service instead of asking for
categorisation.