now this was funny...reminded me of school, being bored in the Eng Lit class because I had already read everything and wanted more.

Jane

siva_ramanathan04 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
OZYMANDIAS,KING OF SILENCE

The English teacher Maxine Pereira starts
Reading Shelley boy and the Ozymandias
Is the balloon lying flat down in my palm
That blooms into a full globe and bursts
The same old ego story
And when it comes to King of kings
The sculpted feet alone stand somewhere
In a vast desert but the key word is apart
Time has carried away the body and head.

At night I am out into the sea
The blasted bloke is on the docks
Here also feet apart, my ferry floats through
I wave au revoir, I am going to search
for your body and head ,I tell , somewhere
I shake hands with Freud and reach the vessel
There is a rope ladder
I say O for an elephant stool
Not as in carved with elephants
But the sturdy four legged stool
The elephants kneel on in a circus
I say I am that elephant, Ozymandias
go search for your hands
if only to help me up!

Ozymandias perhaps your head and body
Got scattered around a mountain or valley.
But it disturbs me
Just two massive big boots, standing adament
Without some connecting arch.
Maxine Pereira be dammed, your class
My imagery.

Sivakami Velliangiri

,KING OF SILENCE

http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpTY2A/lzNLAA/yQLSAA/yqIolB/TM

You are encouraged to post poetry, respond critically to the poems circulated and participate in discussions. To post, email your message to ZESTPoets@yahoogroups.com OR post online at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTPoets/post/
Yahoo! Groups Links