Thanks Albert,

Poets also needs to know about the practical side of publishing.
Tehelka I think is not the only one that is tardy in its payments.

You know, I feel one is better off submitting to online journals, I
mean the literary ones that publish prose and poetry, because most of
them say upfront that they cannot pay. Some of them do of course, but
that still does not amount to much after the cheque has been cashed
because half or almost that much is taken away by the bank. But at
least one knows before hand what one is getting or not getting.

Rumjhum
--- In ZESTPoets@yahoogroups.com, Albert Krishna Ali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just thought this correspondence (excerpts from 86 mails spanning 5
years)
> between poet Vijay Nambisan and Tehelka about non-payment for
freelance
> contributions may be of interest to you:
> http://www.thehoot.org/story.asp?storyid=Web5917625186Hoot95116%
20AM1891&pn=1

Know an art & music fan? Make a donation in their honor this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/.6dcNC/.VHMAA/Zx0JAA/yqIolB/TM