MEMORIES OF SENIORS AND JUNIORS

1.
Who says one should not team up with
one's juniors? To walk in, to be semi surrounded
and talk all simultaneously .Will you join in our play?
Actually you can be one of the sisters.
Hema here will be Kate. You can take up the younger one
but the point is, you will be with us, all those hours of practice.
And so in the Culturals I am in `The Taming of the Shrew.'
What camaraderie without ragging!
2.
The same with the seniors .I walk in and they are in pairs.
So in each group I make a threesome. They say
here's C.K.Matthews, here is Bharat Bushan, here's Usha V.S.
what poem do you have for us today? Will you have a smoke?
Can we teach you to ride a cycle?
Can we make a circumference round around the teacher's room?

Or shall we shout slogans for Ajitha
Relax ,we love to hear your thoughts.
I am one with them now. No false dignity so no losing it.
3.
The coming back now to my own class.
They refuse to take me in at first.
You are traitor, they say, you desert us.
So I agree to do a Lady Macbeth.
With my hair all let loose and holding the candle
with great difficulty I learn that speech
It's only a fancy dress after all, and I have

taken on more serious local jargon bawling.
I forget Shakespeare's words, add a few of my own

But worst of all I forget to bring back the burning
candle.

SivakamiVelliangiri

Know an art & music fan? Make a donation in their honor this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/.6dcNC/.VHMAA/Zx0JAA/yqIolB/TM