Nobody is against revision. If you take a relook at both Jane's and My posts you'll see that clearly. The conversation was about adhering to set poetic forms, and also (in my case) the evolution of the writer/poet within. I am sure we all agree that whether you are writing free verse or a sonnet/ballad/villanelle/haiku/what have you, the poet/writer revises/edits the piece till it reaches a finished form, at least to one's own satisfaction. All self-respecting writers/artists are their own worst critics; some are more modest.

--
You are encouraged to post poetry, respond critically to the poems circulated and participate in discussions. To post, email your message to ZESTPoets@yahoogroups.com OR post online at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTPoets/post/

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

--
You are encouraged to post poetry, respond critically to the poems circulated and participate in discussions. To post, email your message to ZESTPoets@yahoogroups.com OR post online at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZESTPoets/post/

Writing book Book writing software Writing child book
Writing and publishing a book Writing poetry Business writing book

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS