Hi Henri,

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Henri Bergius <henri.berg...@iki.fi> wrote:
> Hi,

[...]
> So, how to get started? I guess the main thing is to get familiar with
> the existing Zeta Components, and then to start thinking of what of
> those we could use within our framework, and what parts of our
> framework could be contributed back to Zeta. Some low-hanging fruit
> could include:

As you said, the very first thing to do is to get familiar with Zeta Components.
But with regards to what you have already done with Midgard, I believe
it will be a piece of cake.

You have to start with ezcBase [1] for two reasons :
1. to get the whole idea of the autoload mechanism because can be
quite confusing when it comes to add your own classes.
2. because this is the only dependency for any other component.

If you need to get a helicopter view in order to understand how ZC are
organized you can have a look at at talk Derick
gave a while ago [2]. Maybe Tobias and Kore have more recent slides.

> * Geolocation library: https://github.com/bergie/midgardmvc_helper_location

This one is really interesting.

> * Our MVC framework: https://github.com/midgardproject/midgardmvc_core

If possible I would prefer getting only one MVC component in order to
avoid confusion
for users if they want to do MVC. This does not meant yours is bad at
all, it just means
that being able to compare differences with MVCTools [3] and your MVC
framework would
be ideal first. And then we could see how to manage with this, maybe
we could integrate
some parts of your system in MVCTools. This needs to be debated actually.

Anyway welcome to the Zeta Components community :)

1.
http://incubator.apache.org/zetacomponents/documentation/trunk/Base/tutorial.html
2. http://derickrethans.nl/talks/ezc-ezconf9.pdf
3.