Hi Tobias,

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 7:40 PM, Tobias Schlitt <tob...@schlitt.info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm about to start a little online survey to check out how users in the
> PHP world would love to see their favorite libraries being released.
> I'll mainly do this out of private interest, but it might also help us
> to optimize our release process.

Excellent idea :)

> Find below some questions for discussion. Whenever there is no
> additional info, only a single answer may be chosen.
>
> 1. Which libraries / frameworks do you use?
>
> (multiple answers possible)
>

> - ADOdb
> - Apache Zeta Components
> - Cake PHP
> - CodeIgniter
> - Doctrine 1
> - Doctrine 2
> - eZ Components
> - Horde
> - PEAR
> - Propel
> - Seagull
> - Symfony
> - Zend Framework
> - Another framework / library (free text)
> - I code everything on my own
>
> 2. What is your preferred way of installing PHP libraries?
>
> - PEAR
> - Custom installer
> - Manual download
> - OS based package management

I would just add something like (apt-get, yum, rpm), just to avoid any confusion
from beginner users.

> - Version control (SVN external, Git sub-module, etc.)
> - Something else (free Text)
>
> 3. Do you prefer bundles over single component installs?
>
> - I want to install each component separately
> - I want a bundle with all components from a library
>
> 4. How would you expect a PHP library project to do releases?
>
> - Irregularly whenever something is ready
> - Regularly with multiple additions bundled
>
> 5. How do you want to deploy PHP library components?
>
> - I bundle library components with my application
> - I deploy libraries and application separately
>
> Do you have anything to add / change?

Even though I think it looks really good, would you think relevant
to add a question about depedency ? For example framework
needs external dependency X or Y.

How do they prefer installing this dependency ?
Possible options:
- via PEAR
- I want to get it bundled with the framework
- I want to install it manually

Not sure I am completely clear here. If it's not just tell me :)

--
Jérôme Renard
http://39web.fr | http://jrenard.info | http://twitter.com/jeromerenard