Hi Benjamin,

On 01/31/2011 02:26 PM, Benjamin Eberlei wrote:
> Ah nice approach to avoid the infinite loop, but I got a better one:
>
> https://github.com/beberlei/Whitewashing/blob/master/DateTime/DateTime.php
>
> Feel free to take this code, its new-bsd.

thanks for the recommendation. Using the procedural interface of
DateTime is indeed a good idea. I'll take your code as inspiration for
the final version.

> btw, I proposed an Immutable DateTime objects patch to the Internals list
> 1-2 month ago that was rejected for it adding a $immutable = true/false
> flag only instead of fixing the underyling problem. Fixing the underlying
> problem is too huge a task for my non-existant C skills though :-)

I doubt PHP will fix this issue by making the current DateTime
implementation immutable, since it would mean a BC break. Even if they'd
really do, that'd be for 5.3.$x  or even later, so we would need to work
around it anyway.

Therefore I'd really suggest we provide a proper implementation in
userland with our Base component.

Thanks for your feedback,
cheers,
Toby