Hi,

On Apr 20, 2012 11:26 AM, "Tobias Schlitt" <tob...@schlitt.info> wrote:
> sadly, I did not find time to look into all this stuff. This also seems
> the reason that Zeta is dying: Time lack.
>
> I'm a bit sad, that Zeta is being closed down, but I think that it's the
> logical way to go.

I think the important part is that PHP is finally starting to have a
reasonable infrastructure for having a proper ecosystem:

* Composer for dependency handling and easy library publishing
* PSR-0 for standard autoloading
* GitHub for collaborative development
* Travis for continuous integration

These four combined make it much easier to publish simpler, more decoupled
libraries that "just works". Node.js has a very similar infrastructure with
NPM, and there indeed this has produced hundreds of compatible modules that
are widely used, and that don't need any sort of monolithic project
governance structure.

I think there is still a place for an effort advocating library
interoperability, quality and coding standards. Zeta could be that, but it
needs to be part of this new ecosystem, not something standing outside of
it.

> Toby

/Henri