Hello all,
I'm trying to understand the ZFS IO scheduler (
http://www.eall.com.br/blog/?p=1170 ), and why sometimes the system seems to be
"stalled" for some seconds, and every application that needs some IO (most
read, i think), have serious problems. What can be a big problem in iSCSI or
NFS soft mounts.
Looking at the code, i could get to the zio_taskq_threads structure, and to
this bug report:
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/printableBug.do?bug_id=6826241
And seems like it was already integrated to newer releases (i don't know since
when)...
Somebody could explain the real diff between the ISSUE and INTR, READ and WRITE
changes, and maybe why in the first implementation were the same value for
both? ;-)
Another move that i did not fully understand very well, was the time between
txg syncs, from 5s to 30s, what i think can make this problem worst, because we
will have more data to commit.
Well to much questions... ;-)

PS: Where i can find the patches and attachments from the bugs.opensolaris.org?
The files mention attach, but i can not find them.

Thanks a lot for your time!

Leal
[ http://www.eall.com.br/blog ]