Kory Wheatley wrote:
> We have a ZFS mirror setup of two 73GB's disk, but we are running out of
> space.  I want to break the mirror and join the disk to have a pool of 146GB,
> and of course not lose the data doing this.  What are the commands?
> To break the mirror I would do
>
> zpool detach moodle c1t3d0
>
>        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
>         moodle      ONLINE       0     0     0
>           mirror    ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c1t2d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c1t3d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>
> Then could I do
> zpool add moodle c1t3d0
>
> without losing the data?
> --
> This messages posted from opensolaris.org

Kory,

You can do exactly what you suggested to stripe the data across your two
drives without losing data. Obviously, if your data is critical to you,
then you should consider investing in two additional drives so you can
mirror them them later. It's worth noting that once you go to a stripe
you won't be able to remove that stripe later.

BTW, you should send email to zfs-discuss at opensolaris.org if you need
more assistance as there are more subscribers on that forum. This one
devoted to the zfs code.

Thanks,
George