Hi.

The zfs_path_to_zhandle() function was recently added to libzfs and I'm
trying to figure out how it works by reading the code.

/*
 * Given a name, determine whether or not it's a valid path
 * (starts with '/' or "./").  If so, walk the mnttab trying
 * to match the device number.  If not, treat the path as an
 * fs/vol/snap name.
 */
[...]
        while ((ret = getextmntent(hdl->libzfs_mnttab, &entry, 0)) == 0) {
                if (makedevice(entry.mnt_major, entry.mnt_minor) ==
                    statbuf.st_dev) {

What device are we looking here for? ZFS file systems are not based on
raw device, right? What does mnt_major and mnt_minor here mean exactly?
I thought that those are numbers of device from which file system is
mounted.

Can someone give me an example of how this code path is used?

        zfs list /<what?>