This question is concerning ZFS.  We have a Sun Fire V890 attached to a EMC
disk array.  Here's are plan to incorporate ZFS:
On our EMC storage array we will create 3 LUNS.  Now how would ZFS be used for
the best performance?

What I'm trying to ask is if you have 3 LUNS and you want to create a ZFS
storage pool, would it be better to have a storage pool per LUN or combine the
3 LUNS as one big disks under ZFS and create 1 huge ZFS storage pool.

Example:
LUN1 200gb  ZFS Storage Pool "pooldata1"
LUN2 200gb  ZFS Storage Pool "pooldata2"
LUN3 200gb  ZFS Storage Pool "pooldata3"

or

LUN 600gb  ZFS Storage Pool "alldata"
--
This messages posted from opensolaris.org