On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 22:05 +0800, Jeremy Teo wrote:
> My zpool is now invulnerable to destruction. :(

Nifty - does that mean your disk is also invulnerable to hardware errors
too ? [ as in, your typical superhero who gets endowed with special
abilities due to a failed radiation experiment  ;-) ]

> bash-3.00# zpool destroy -f test_undo
> internal error: unexpected error 0 at line 298 of ../common/libzfs_dataset.c

I'd suggest zpool exporting all other pools on the system, then reboot
into failsafe mode, mount your root partition somewhere (like /tmp/a)
then remove /tmp/a/etc/zfs/zpool.cache. Finally, reboot and create a new
pool on the disk which has now been made available, and then zpool
import the others.

Hope that helps (all disclaimers about making backups of anything you
care about before doing this sort of thing apply)

Anyone know of a simpler way ?

        cheers,
                        tim
--
Tim Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc, Operating Platforms Group
Engineering Operations            http://blogs.sun.com/timf