In my testing, I've found the following error:

zpool status -v
  pool: local
state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
        corruption.  Applications may be affected.
action: Restore the file in question if possible.  Otherwise restore the
        entire pool from backup.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        local       ONLINE       0     0     0
          c0d1p0    ONLINE       0     0     0
          c2d0p1    ONLINE       0     0     0
          c3d0p1    ONLINE       0     0     0
          c0d0s7    ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: The following persistent errors have been detected:

          DATASET  OBJECT  RANGE
          1b       2402    lvl=0 blkid=1965

I haven't found a way to report in human terms what the above object refers to. Is there such a method?

I can clear the error using existing tools, but I'd like to know what is broken before I destroy it.

Thanks!

-----
Gregory Shaw, IT Architect
Phone: (303) 673-8273        Fax: (303) 673-8273
ITCTO Group, Sun Microsystems Inc.
1 StorageTek Drive ULVL4-382           [EMAIL PROTECTED] (work)
Louisville, CO 80028-4382                 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (home)
"When Microsoft writes an application for Linux, I've Won." - Linus Torvalds