Hi.  In my testing, I had a pool on external storage:

zpool status t6140_d0
  pool: t6140_d0
state: ONLINE
scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        t6140_d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
          c9t2d2    ONLINE       0     0     0

In my testing, I switched from one HBA type in the machine to another. Of course, the controller information changed, and ZFS was unhappy about it.

To fix it, I did a 'zpool export t6140_d0' and a 'zpool import t6140_d0'.

My question:
Is this the correct way to recover access to a pool? I expected to use 'zpool replace', but since
the pool was offline, zpool replace would fail.

It doesn't matter that much to me (as long as something works) but I thought I'd ask. I think this will be a common occurrence in some environments, and documenting how to recover will help.

Thanks!

-----
Gregory Shaw, IT Architect
Phone: (303) 673-8273        Fax: (303) 673-2773
ITCTO Group, Sun Microsystems Inc.
1 StorageTek Drive ULVL4-382              [EMAIL PROTECTED] (work)
Louisville, CO 80028-4382                    [EMAIL PROTECTED] (home)
"When Microsoft writes an application for Linux, I've Won." - Linus Torvalds