Darren J Moffat wrote On 06/12/06 09:09,:
Steffen Weiberle wrote:

I created as second filesystem pool1/jumpstart, and deviced to mv pool1/ro/jumpstart/* to pool1/jumpstart. All the data is staying in the same pool. No data is actually getting changed, it is just being relocated. If this were a UFS filesystem, the move would be done before I even finish writing this. However, with ZFS, this is taking a long time.

It may well be in the same pool but it is in a different file system so it has to copy and delete to move it.

This is covered by 6400399 (http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6400399)

Thanks, Darren.

Guess I'll have to wait the 4+ hours for the data to be moved :(

I did the original move overnight and did not measure how long that took. But since it was from one spindle to another, I imagine it did better than within the same spindle!

Thanks!