Sean Meighan wrote:

... Everything has been working perfectly until two days ago, now it can take 10 minutes to exit from vi. The following truss shows that the 3 line file that is sitting on the ZFS volume (/archives) took almost 15 minutes in fdsync. For those of you inside of Sun you can see the web page of all Sun Ray servers at http://canary.sfbay. My team has contacted engineering and we are waiting for more help. Any suggestions of what we might have hit would be appreciated.

Have you tried using dtrace to follow the code inside the kernel?
Or just to profile the kernel while this script is running?

Darren