I was wondering if anyone could recommend hardware
forr a ZFS-based NAS for home use.

The 'zfs on 32-bit' thread has scared me of a mini-itx fanless
setup, so I'm looking at sparc or opteron. Ideally it would:

a) run quiet (blade 100/150 is ok, x4100 ain't :) )
b) take advantage of cheap disks
  ( ide/sata, unless scsi suddenly got affordable)
c) come in around the 300-400 pounds mark

Don't need massive storage, it just needs to be reliable and reasonably
fast - I was thinking of maybe a 2-way 100Gb mirror set.

Graphics are a complete non-issue.
It only needs to saturate 100mbit (I'm not planning to use it for
anything else, so CPU isn't important).

Any used sun systems fit the bill, or should I be thinking of rolling
my own opteron? Thanks!

http://number9.hellooperator.net/